A changing RPA landscape makes training more essential than ever
Robotic process automation (RPA) is a form of business process automation that allows companies to automate their workflows using bots. Companies invest heavily in RPA to bring efficiency to business operations, freeing them up to focus on delivering fast service and exceptional customer experience.
Changes in working styles over the last few years, including an increase in remote working, have only added to the use cases where RPA can be beneficial. For example, companies are now using RPA to onboard employees remotely, or execute tasks that previously required an employee to come into the office.
Managing bot development and deployment is a key challenge for companies to ensure standards are maintained, and there are not bots that result in more work for IT teams rather than less. It’s therefore obvious that specialized training of RPA software is key to a successful RPA implementation overall.
How virtual labs are being used for RPA training
In our many years of experience delivering cloud-based training solutions, one thing’s for sure: Hands-on experience is essential for user adoption and retention. With RPA training, this is more the case than ever.
We’re seeing our customers use virtual labs to train RPA solutions in a number of ways, including:
- Self-paced courses where trainees can create their own RPA processes, objects and work queues, and discover how these interact with each other;
- Advanced training courses where RPA application based configuration exercises and projects are used to upskill in identifying applications, controlling safely, and searching for imagery and typography; and
- Physical and virtual instructor-led training courses that provide hands-on experience in RPA best practices and real-life automations, leading to developer accreditation.
A specialised training platform for on-premise and cloud-based bots
Both on-premise or cloud-based RPA software can benefit from a specialised training platform that:
- Streamlines environment and course setup and administration
- Automates user and environment provisioning, including setting policies to automate the suspension and deletion of environments
- Reduces running costs when compared to consuming VM images directly on cloud platforms
- Customises training material
- Provides advanced virtual classroom features, including instructor controls for over-the-shoulder monitoring and remote assistance
To learn more about how Heropa can help with virtual labs for RPA training, speak to us today.