Heropa is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to scale our SaaS product and lead our development team.
We’re a technology startup focusing on the sales enablement and virtual training sector. Our SaaS platform has been organically growing over the past few years and is now ready for some big changes. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to take ownership and help us scale our platform to handle our current growth. This is a hands-on role, you will be spending the majority of your time on the tools, but primarily focused on scaling our architecture, product and team.
As we are still a small team in a fast-growing company, this is a great opportunity to join us and play a key role in defining the direction and technical strategy of our product while we continue to grow.
This is a remote role. Preference is for Australian or European time zone.
On any typical day you will
- Lead, manage and mentor a small development team
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Champion iterative, continuous refactoring approach to architecture improvements
- Rapidly test and iterate your implementations
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Represent Heropa
- Experience developing in MEAN stack
- Working knowledge with NoSQL stores. We use MongoDB.
- Experience with software development best practices, such as unit testing, code review and CI/CD.
- Experience consuming third party APIs and microservices
- Ability to work independently.
- You have experience in building and leading an engineering team and delivering projects to assigned scope.
- You are first and foremost a great developer, but also a hands-on people leader, you lead by example and bring your people along with you.
- Real world, demonstrable experience building complex applications.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and deliver.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence where needed.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements, providing consultation and technical guidance.
- Be willing to mentor and help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback, growing and evolving with this.
- Startup experience is a must.
- 7+ years’ experience in the industry.
- Degree qualification in IT, software engineering or a related field is desirable.
- You understand product design and customer experience.
- Linux system admin skills are always useful.
Desirable, but not essential
- Hands-on experience building and managing infrastructure deployed in AWS, Azure, GCP
- DevOps – Jenkins, terraform, ansible
- Experience with RESTful APIs and a Microservices architecture is a plus.
Our mission is to simplify the delivery of complex software environments so that hands-on learning can happen. That’s why we created Heropa, an enterprise SaaS platform that simplifies the creation, delivery and management of technical labs for software demos and application training.
Our cloud-based platform allows you to easily create pre-configured, pre-populated environments to share with your customers anywhere in the world. These reusable and fully independent environments are accessed on-demand through a web browser, providing your customers with hands-on access to your solution in minutes.
We’re well funded and profitable, with a growing client base.
To be considered
Email your cv to [email protected]